Award-winning afro-fusion artiste, Gaise, fast-rising gospel music sensation, Henrisoul and gospel diva/member of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Praise Team, Ada Ehi, are on the cover of the October ‘Next Generation’ issue of Vine Magazine.
This edition sheds light on the works of these fast-rising stars, predicting that they would indeed be the future of gospel music in Nigeria even as they represent a generation of artistes who are not shy of expressing themselves, even if their style seems controversial to conservative folks.
Gaise who was crowned ‘Best New Artiste’ at the Crystal Awards has been in the news recently with the release of his latest single, Little Drops and the long awaited video for his hit single, ‘Awa O Tush Oh’, while Henrisoul continues to stake his claim with his singles, collaborations and his Clarence Peters directed video for ‘Blow My Mind’ making an appearance on BET, a first for a video in its genre. Signed on to Loveworld Records, Ada Ehi, also referred to as ‘Central Bank’ recently released her latest single ‘Sugar’ (on her birthday) even as ‘I’m rich’ continues to gain airplay amidst her busy shows schedule and impressive album sales especially within the Believers Loveworld ‘nation’.
The trio share their stories, struggles, aspirations and dreams with Vine Magazine Editor, ‘Seun Salami, while Gbolahan Shodimu (Artcrest) got them posing to amazing shots. Make up is by Redefinition Makeovers.
Even as we unveil the next generation, one of the current generation’s leading gospel groups, the Rooftop MCs, who recently marked 13 years together are giving us a cause for concern as they announce ‘a break’ from the group to embark on individual projects. We examine the details and reasons for the split in our exclusive feature.
The October edition (out this Sunday, September 29) also features Threadstone, Akin Alabi, BNG and lots more.
Vine Magazine, the entertainment and lifestyle magazine for young positive minds, is distributed free every month at major youth churches around the city of Lagos and environs as well as major events and gospel gigs going down throughout the month.
For more details on how to get copies of the magazine, visit www.vinemag.com or follow @VineTheMagazine on twitter
- Victor is a God Lover, Brand Management & IT Consultant, Web Developer, Digital Marketing Expert, Gospel Music Promoter. He is a passionate entrepreneur and is the CEO of Vivid360 Solutions & GMN Christian Media Company
- FEATURED2018.04.20SAMTONE MUZIK (SAMUEL OLUDE) – OGO F’OLORUN LOKE (GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST) / @samtonemusik
- MUSIC2018.04.19Joshua Levites – “Overwhelmed” / @Joshua_Levites
- MUSIC2018.04.19GLORY TO YOUR NAME BY ALMIRA FT. ONOS ARIYO | PRODUCED BY SKYTIMZ / @AlmiraSings @OnosAriyo
- FEATURED2018.04.17NEW MUSIC: VICTOR EMMANUEL – CONFIDENCE (Prod. by SimStar) / @EExcelbrity