‘Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.’
John 1:29 KJV
Scholars disagree as to the exact date of Christ’s birth. Nor do they know that the Church of the Nativity that’s visited every day by pilgrims in Bethlehem, is the exact location of His birth. Nor can any of us comprehend how by the Holy Spirit, a virgin girl could conceive a child. But here’s the good news: you don’t have to know when, where, or how Jesus was born, you just need to know why. ‘For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life’ (John 3:16 KJV).
Only four things matter: 1) If Christ had not come, God would be unknown to us. 2) If Christ had not come, our sins would be unforgiven. The name Jesus means ‘Jehovah saves!’ John the Baptist called Him ‘the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world’. 3) If Christ had not come, our prayers would be unanswered. In Bible days you needed a priest to petition God on your behalf. And Jesus is our High Priest who ‘understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most’ (Hebrews 4:15-16 NLT). 4) If Christ had not come the first time, we would have no assurance that He will come the second time and catch us away to heaven to be with Himself.
- Victor is a God Lover, Brand Management & IT Consultant, Web Developer, Digital Marketing Expert, Gospel Music Promoter. He is a passionate entrepreneur and is the CEO of Vivid360 Solutions & GMN Christian Media Company
- MIXTAPES2018.09.14DJ Mixtape: Jesus And Music Mixtape 2 – DJ Ernesty / @djernesty @kerussoent
- MUSIC2018.09.14Nkem G’Light – I Lift You High / @EeZeeConceptz @eeZeeTee
- MUSIC2018.09.13“A New Song” – Eunice U. / @euniceumusic
- MUSIC2018.09.12Music + Video: Elvis E. – Uwę nekhóę mwęn [Ft. Gospel For Everyone Choir] || @ElvisEdiagbonya