Fast Rising Gospel Artiste eMJOY, is back with new music, “Dance Elele” and “Jamalo Shamalo (Keep It Going)”.
Jamalo Shamalo is more of a relaxed tone song which you can still bob your head to. Lots of African bongo drums pervade it but a constant beat on which eMJOY tries to pour his heart out, articulating his conviction of triumph through constant let downs. Here, he believes in God. That regardless of what comes his way, he chooses to “let’s go (Jamalo), keep it going (Shamalo), keep following the Father (Je ka Ma Baba Lo)” as you hear in Yoruba language just before each chorus comes in. Taymie is the gracefully vocally endowed singer assisting on the chorus.
Dance Elele is a jam for you to literally jump and dance to. It has that European dance genre sound to it, as well African bongo drums running through to bring it home. On “Elele” eMJOY shares a testimony of being saved by Jesus, from peril in this world. And the word “elele” means “to the fullest” as eMJOY defines it, although it’s a commonly used Nigerian street slang with a variety of interpretations.
The songs and lyrics are available for download at http://emjoy.bandcamp.com/album/dance-elele-jamalo-shamalo
His name is Mayowa Adebajo; Mayowa meaning ‘God has brought joy’, from which he coined his stage name. eMJOY has been writing and rapping from a very young age (around 10 years old); performing at high school and university events occasionally, but he began his music career in 2010 recording and publishing singles like “New Nigeria Spirit” and so on.
In 2011, he released his first body of work online- the YGMVTECH mixtape which included fan-favorite ‘Gracias, Ose, Merci’, to satisfactorily favorable response.
Writer on Rapzilla.com and Imadeintruth.com, Imade, says, “Emjoy knows how to take a pop cultural reference, flip it on its head, and use it to give glory to God. Emjoy’s spiritual cleverness makes him an emcee to look out for.” Lalaboiy of Notjustok.com says, “…different and unique and has the replay factor.”
- Victor is a God Lover, Brand Management & IT Consultant, Web Developer, Digital Marketing Expert, Gospel Music Promoter. He is a passionate entrepreneur and is the CEO of Vivid360 Solutions & GMN Christian Media Company
- MUSIC2018.10.16SONG OF ANGELS (KEIYADOSH) – DUNSIN OYEKAN
- MUSIC2018.09.19Nosa – We Will Arise / @NosaAlways
- NEWS2018.09.19Nomination Opens For GHN Media Awards 2018 – See Award Categories || @GHNAwards2018 Cc @GospelHitsNaija
- MUSIC2018.09.19CIA – Nwachinemelu [Prod by Kinsu] ft Kinsu x Dabz / @ciaclique1, kinsu_cia , @dabz_cia