It was a different ball game in DAY two (2) as U-cheena, Solomon Lange and Asu – Ekiye our judges brought there ‘A-game on, they merged to become one decision making body. Day one (1) was fun but, day two started with some surprises, with 67 people, who registered at the venue with complaints as to why they couldn’t make it on day one.
The expectation from the judges rose as survivors of the day 1 screening where expected to be on top of their game with strong delivery, vocal quality and versatility. The YES and NO were the fears of all contestants as each contestant was expected to get 3 YES(s) to qualify to the next stage.
It started with people holding hands and sharing songs together which later became a struggle for supremacy, as contestants kept more to themselves and rehearsed solo. The anxiety was intensified for those who could go on to the third round, the sadness and pain got worse for those who this stage would mark the end of their journey in this first edition. With green cards giving way to white tags and fierce competition ahead, the judges had streamlined the contestants from 75 to 50 wonderful gospel voices that will ultimately compete for the final two (2) spots, to represent the Abuja zone in the national competition.
The process lasted for hours and finally the top 5 emerged. This stage was critical and very difficult for the judges to select the final 2 because they had the best 5 in front of them. After minutes of brainstorming, the judges selected the final two (2). It was an all-male affair as the final two (2) happened to be male. Congratulations to the selected contestants in Abuja. Up next is MAKURDI. Is MAKURDI up to the task? We’ll get to know soon.
Phew!!! What a day… for those who will not be part of the final selection, our special prayers “God will surprise you. He will remove far from you every reproach. You will be highly lifted”………. DESTINY CHILD!!! ACTIVATE YOUR DESTINY……
- Victor is a God Lover, Brand Management & IT Consultant, Web Developer, Digital Marketing Expert, Gospel Music Promoter. He is a passionate entrepreneur and is the CEO of Vivid360 Solutions & GMN Christian Media Company
- FEATURED2017.11.06MUSIC + LYRICS: CHRIST DNA by VEHKTOR / @VehktorSings
- FEATURED2017.09.28NONE LIKE YOU – GLORY KINGS FT. ELOHO EFEMUAI | PRODUCED BY GREENWOX / @GLORYKINGSMUSIC @ELOHOEFEMUAI
- MUSIC2017.09.28Odamakin – Shiloh / @odamakin1
- MUSIC2017.09.28FALL MY HAND – EMMYKOKZ & DUNNIE / @emmykokz @officialdunnie